The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
PwC is your opportunity of a lifetime. As one of the world's leading professional service networks with 26 offices across Canada, your skills, talents and knowledge will flourish. You'll be inspired by the engaging work you do, the diverse people on your team, and the clients we serve - from world-renowned brands to innovative start-ups. As a team member, you'll be learning and your insights will be embraced in an environment that values leadership and excellence.
Our Consulting & Deals Practice:
Our extensive selection of services provides business with the value they're looking for. Our Consulting and Deals practices provide advice and assistance based on our financial, analytical and business process skills to enhance the performance of companies of all sizes. Whether it's a proactive review of a client's operations to improve performance or a valuation on a multi-million dollar, cross-border transaction, our Advisory Services professionals can help. Our clients recognize our ability to draw on our national and international network of professionals to put feet on the ground and deliver fast, proven results.
The Opportunity: Manager, Forensic Services:
Forensic Services is a highly dynamic and diverse group of professionals who assist clients with the investigation and prevention of financial fraud.
Members of the Forensic Services group include Chartered Accountants, Investigative and Forensic Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, former Law Enforcement Agents and Computer Engineers who bring together unique skill sets and experiences.
The Forensic Services group offers clients an array of services/products including:
· Fraud and Financial Investigations;
· Forensic Accounting;
· Fraud Prevention and Vulnerability Assessments - Anti-fraud Regime;
· Corporate Security Consulting;
· Background Intelligence Screening Process;
· Computer Forensics;
· Electronic Discovery;
· Cybercrime Investigations;
· Post-Acquisition Investigations; and
· Money Laundering Investigations
Dealing with fraud and financial investigations requires more than simple know-how. It requires speed, sensitivity and discretion. Forensic Services members understand the importance of reacting quickly and confidentially to a crisis situation.
The available Manager position has a focus on forensic accounting services, supporting the senior members of the team in helping clients with an assessment of their anti-fraud regime, review of internal controls, and/or investigation of alleged fraudulent activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performing client pre-acceptance procedures including conflict checks, client investigation checks and drafting engagement letters;
· Coordinating with clients to obtain the necessary information to perform the agreed upon services;
· Preparing high quality investigative reports for delivery to clients detailing procedures undertaken, results, limitations and recommended actions;
· Preparing external working paper files with documentation of procedures performed and evidence obtained;
· Preparing and delivering internal and external presentations related to our services;
· Brainstorming additional forensic services that can be provided to clients; and
· Researching business development opportunities with the goal of growing the Forensic Services practice
· University degree;
· On track to obtain CA designation
· Successful completion of the Certified Fraud Examiners "CFE" within one year of joining the Forensic Services practice.
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Experience in client-facing consulting / advisory work;
· Experience in working as part of a project team in a support or lead role;
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.;
· Strong track record of internal policy compliance (e.g. time sheet, status reports, etc.);
· A high level of personal integrity and energy, a commitment to teamwork and a strong desire to learn;
· An ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
The ability and willingness to travel within Canada and internationally are required elements of this position.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain both government security clearance and a US travel visa.
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
· Build and sustain relationships
· Be passionate about client service
· Be curious; learn, share and innovate
· Lead and contribute to team success
· Communicate with impact and empathy
· Develop yourself and others through coaching
· Demonstrate courage and integrity
· Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
· Manage projects and economics
· Be open minded, agile with change and practical