Join Canada's fastest growing 'Big Four' professional services firm and the largest in the world! Take advantage of a fantastic opportunity to join one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
Our C&D practice is growing and we're looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you'll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It's a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You'll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our professionals means you'll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Project Manager, Consulting - Public Sector
The Consulting practice provides a suite of services which help clients manage their IT expenditures through the lifecycle from planning through operation. We are currently looking for a Project Manager, Consulting in Ottawa, who will be expected to lead multiple Consulting engagements within Canada. Leading blended teams of Technology professionals, you will contribute well developed Project and Program Management skills and strong business acumen.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
Strong business development skills are an asset, as is a proven history building key relationships in the Public Sector/Government, consulting, staff development and mentorship. As Project Manager, you will be expected to manage your staff effectively, motivating them to multi-task on several concurrent projects, and perform under tight deadlines. In addition to the engagements which you personally develop, you will be expected to manage a mixture of on-going assignments including the following:
· Develop project approaches and detailed project work plans. Provide leadership for project execution and project reporting.
· Lead and manage projects effectively and ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards.
· Manage overall budget - track budget to actuals and comply to on time within budget requirements.
· Define and monitor metrics for identifying success/performance, using metrics that are realistic, achievable and implementable.
· Guide and contribute to the development of Technology Consulting project deliverables.
· Apply a wide range of consulting tools to client situations.
· Develop proposals and participate in sales/business development efforts within the Technology Advisory practice.
· Contribute to knowledge management within the Technology Advisory practice.
- Holds a degree from a recognized post-secondary institute.
- Professional Project Manager (PMP/PMI) designation.
- Federal Government security clearance at the Secret level.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience with significant responsibility progression.
- 5+ years Public Sector experience
- Proven experience managing medium to large sized project teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Solid understanding of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in communicating with and making recommendations to Federal or Provincial government department senior personnel: Director General (DG or equivalent), or Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM or equivalent).
- Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills; tailors presentation style to suit the needs of the audience; sound report writing skills.
- 2-3 years experience in a consulting environment, working with varied clients (internal or external) on project-based initiatives would be highly desirable
- Business project management experience will be considered, such as business transformations, change management programs, process improvement projects, etc.
The position is based in Ottawa, although candidates need to be receptive to travel.
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
- Build and sustain relationships
- Be passionate about client service
- Be curious; learn, share and innovate
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Communicate with impact and empathy
- Develop yourself and others through coaching
- Demonstrate courage and integrity
- Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
- Manage projects and economics
- Be open minded, agile with change and practical