Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
As a member of our Financial Advisory team, you’ll help small start–ups to massive multinationals face financial issues with informed confidence. Using your deep technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, you’ll provide financial advice to companies in every industry, and in every situation. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
Click here to find out more about our Financial Advisory services.
A career in Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
About the Team– Deloitte Capital Project Services
Major capital projects have been characterized by uncertainty of outcomes, high stakes related to cost, liability and governance considerations and the inherent competing interests of a host of key stakeholders, including Board members, owners, contractors, architects, engineers, and construction staff. Construction disputes centering on highly complex technical issues are occurring more frequently. Resolving these issues can be the key to a successful construction project and even to the continued survival of the business entities involved. Our Capital Projects practices brings practical solutions and adds value at every stage of the project lifecycle for clients in the highly competitive multi–billion dollar international construction industry.
We are a team of dedicated project professionals that have unsurpassed, cross–sector, deep industry experience in every aspect of the capital project lifecycle. Our people possess practical and effective project management, engineering, consulting, and communication skills, as well as strong professional qualities. We have a commitment to producing high quality results and a passion for ensuring that our clients have successful capital projects. Our services help clients manage their capital and/or construction programs more effectively to achieve timely completion within budget.
The Quebec Capital Projects group provides a variety of consulting services to capital project owners, governmental agencies, institutions, developers, or any organization with a significant interest in the successful delivery of a capital project. Our team of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, architects, and auditors possesses comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and has advanced degrees in engineering, business, law, and accounting. Furthermore, through our access to the DTT global network of member firms, the Deloitte FA Capital Projects Services group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
Role of the Candidate
We are looking for a Senior manager to join our Capital Projects Consulting team. You will be responsible for various aspects of our assignments, including:
- Assisting in project management oversight;
- Evaluating and developing project management organizations, including project governance, project management processes and controls, and project reporting;
- Performing construction cost assessments and audits;
- Performing Risk Management evaluations;
- Performing independent assessments and "health checks" of capital projects;
- Evaluating construction schedules;
- Evaluating and developing construction claims;
- Developing expert reports;
- Identification of issues affecting the progress of the work and associated impacts on cost and schedule;
- Costs and schedules analysis;
- Provide advice, opinions, expertise and assistance to clients;
- Provide consulting service to clients on various issues regarding change management, information management, schedule management and disputes resolution and prevention;
- Draft reports and present analysis and conclusions in a clear, concise and accurate manner
All candidates considered for this position will have in common:
Click here to apply
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architecture, or significant construction management related experience is required;
- A professional designation is an asset;
- Professional Engineering designation or eligibility and/or an advance engineering or similar degree is desirable;
- Proficiency in Primavera, Microsoft Project, SAP, Oracle, and other commonly used construction applications is an asset;
- Experience in the analysis of complex engineering and construction projects, particularly with progress measurement, risk management, and executive reporting is an asset;
- Ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, to contribute and share ideas, to regularly seek guidance and feedback, coach less experienced staff, and work to ensure the success of the team;
- Must also be able to work independently, when required, take initiative, maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Managing existing client relationships and developing new opportunities;
- Technical capacity and knowledge in the construction field;
- Autonomy, teamwork and creativity
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required; Ability to write professional looking reports in both official languages
- Canadian & US travel required; occasional international travel. Candidates must be able and flexible to travel for client engagements, as required.
- 10 years or more experience in the industry
- Direct experience on major projects from an engineering, construction management, construction claims analysis, or project controls perspective and experience with contract administration and contractors, architectural/engineering firm, or construction owner;
- Prior experience in a consulting environment is an asset;
- Previous experience managing a team
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.