Career Opportunities: Manager Capital planning (29770)
Req ID 29770 - Posted 03/06/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Marketing - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 132-year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Services offers best practice services to support the organization, including Communications, Human Resources, Real Estate, Procurement and Legal.
Bell Mobility, a leader in the wireless communications industry, is a dynamic organization committed to delivering services that meet the wireless communication needs of today's rapidly growing communication industry.
The team is seeking a high energy Manager to help meet targets in this fast paced, highly competitive marketplace. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to work in a high profile, dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities to win in the market place by delivering best in class mobile devices while achieving financial targets for subsidy and inventory on hand.
Own budgeting and management for the $800M+ handset subsidy budget . In this capacity the successful candidate will
* plan, forecast and track subsidy budget and rate based on thorough understanding of the device roadmap strategy, anticipated category mixes, device cost/price expectations and inventory positions in DC and in channels
* own corporate Financial submission of Budget, LRP, YEE, QEE views for rate, mixes and subsidy to Finance and collaborates with Finance on alignment with Corporate EBITDA guidance
* develop and lead implementation of the subsidy savings tactics when the budget is under pressure working with cross functional teams including Finance, Campaign, Channels, L&R
* collaborate with device pricing team on sizing the impact from upcoming pricing initiatives and competitive response actions.
* provide weekly scorecard and supporting analysis to VP and SVP level
Pricing strategy and innovation
In addition to subsidy management, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and presenting business cases for various future pricing strategies.
The responsibilities will include:
* competitive analysis, reviewing pricing assumptions and recommending changes if necessary, reviewing profit analysis, producing alternative design options
* transforming direction from Sr. Management into fully formed business cases
* performing analyses of the effect of pricing changes on company EBITDA
* executing new pricing strategies working cross-functionally, managing and developing a staff of 1-2
* Manage key strategic initiatives as identified and assignedCritical Qualifications/Competencies:
* University degree with a Business, Marketing, Finance and/or related discipline
* 5+ years of leadership experience in Product Management , Marketing or Finance.
* Pricing experience in Telecom or Financial Services industry an asset
* Good knowledge of the evolving competitive telecom environment
* Experience in strategy development and planning
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal. Experience and ability to present business cases to executives
* Strong business and financial acumen
BCE:WKP #Feature *LI-VL
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 03/21/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Ontario, MississaugaApply Online