***Please note that candidates need to be able to work days, afternoons as well as midnights***
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for qualified industry professionals to join our growing team.
Working for Apotex will offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the Team.
Org. Unit Descriptor:
Packaging operations is responsible for filling and / or sealing quality pharmaceutical products in a variety of finished goods format. Working closely with cross-functional teams, packaging operations delivers solid oral dose bottles, solid oral dose blisters, Class 3 and 4 High Potency products and suspensions.
- Works as a team member to meet and exceed the operation targets in safety, quality, and productivity
- Demonstrates safe practices, and ensures compliance with company values, policies, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), when performing daily duties and interacting with others
- Strives to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction
- Actively seeks and accepts positive and constructive feedback from colleagues and leadership
- Complies with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario as well as Apotex safety charter, policies, and procedures
- Prevents safety incidents / accidents proactively by attending regular safety events as required, and applying relevant knowledge to daily packaging operations
- Reports all safety incidents, near misses, and accidents immediately, following Safe Work Procedures (SWP’s)
- Embraces a safety culture in the workplace with zero tolerance of incidents and accidents
- Builds highest quality into the products by performing all packaging duties according to relevant Standard Operation Documents (SOD’s)
- Accesses the corporate official sources, such as ApoWeb, to check most updated information / documents as necessary
- Exhibits Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Conducts quality checks as directed by higher level technicians, supervisors, and / or in-process Quality Assurance members (IPQA / QAIP)
- Reports all quality deviations immediately, following proper operation procedures
- Contributes to the continuous improvements at workplace and proactively prevents quality deviations from occurring
Productivity / Equipment
- Executes Packaging Orders (PO) with efficiency and effectiveness according to the company SOD’s and regulatory requirements
- Operates all packaging equipment within specifications and provides accurate detail to mechanical staff regarding equipment problems
- Maintains proper supplies of packaging components during the operations
- Participates in the changeover process, including sanitation and set-up (assembly and disassembly), to meet and exceed established standards
- Ensures the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment required for specific tasks
- Communicates necessary information timely and accurately with others
- Supports the team to deliver the expected business results with dedication and integrity
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent
- Proven ability to express oneself clearly in English (written and verbal), understand, and follow verbal and written work instructions without errors
- Previous Packaging Operator experience in a GMP emvironment i.e. Food / Pharmaceutical industry is an asset
- Proven Technical Competency
- Numeric skills to understand and achieve business targets
- Able to meet the standard physical demands in a manufacturing environment
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills
- Basic experience in the use of internet environment and MS office tools
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.