** Please note - this role is for a contract position with benefits at either our Etobicoke Location or North York Campus **
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our growing team.
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the Team.
If you feel satisfied when you spend your day doing something that will greatly improve the lived of others, then you will enjoy the satisfaction that being a Custodian at Apotex will give you. Facilities Support plays a key role in ensuring the quality of our products.
Responsible for performing general cleaning inside and outside of facilities as assigned including offices, washrooms, change rooms, production area, warehouse areas and labs.
Clean offices including dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing walls and windows.
- Clean washrooms and change rooms and replenish supplies. (soaps, towels etc.)
- Operate various cleaning machines including floor polisher, carpet cleaner and scrub machine.
- Clean warehouse floors, shelves, walls and forklift wheels.
- Clean laboratory and production areas and replenish supplies.
- Maintain coffee brewers as required.
- Dispose of garbage following proper procedures.
- Utilize standardized cleaning agents as trained.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and established safety standards.
- Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with cGMP’s, SOP’s and SWP’s.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent experience
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Good command of the English language (The ability to read, write and understand English)
- Good oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous cleaning experience preferred
All applicants must be available to work all shifts (days, afternoons and nights) including a shift rotation
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation