JOB POSTING #720127
Position: DIRECTOR FACILITIES & SUPPORT SERVICES
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: FACILITIES SUPPORT, PLANT OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
Reports to: VICE PRESIDENT AND TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL LEAD
Hours: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
University Health Network (UHN), consisting of Toronto General, Toronto Western and Princess Margaret Hospital, is a recognized leader in patient care, research and education.
Located at the heart of downtown Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital has been serving the health care needs of its culturally diverse local community for more than 100 years. Today, the hospital provides highly specialized tertiary care to people from surrounding areas and across Canada. The hospital's busy Emergency Department sees more than 40,000 patients each year.
The DIRECTOR, FACILITIES AND SUPORT SERVICES maintains full accountability for the Toronto Western Hospital. Reporting to the Toronto Western Hospital's Vice President and Lead, the principal responsibilities include: leading and performing strategic and operational planning functions for respective site in the areas of Housekeeping, Transportation, Linen Service, Laundry, Mail, Facilities, Plant Operations & Maintenance; leading the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of quality improvement initiatives for all Support Services, Building and Maintenance functions that are aligned with established UHN standards; leading the Project Team for repairs and renovations to the TWH hospital buildings; directing the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of short- and long-term plans and strategies for Facilities &Support Services while ensuring they are in alignment with UHN's mission and goals; providing leadership and direction in the management of all aspects of human and financial resources; collaborating with senior site management and health care professionals at all levels to support and advance UHN's mission and goals.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration or Engineering or recognized equivalent
- 2nd Class Stationary Engineer preferred
- Related health care experience including Facilities Management and Operations (10 years)
- Experience managing and leading teams of staff and initiatives in complex environment
- Experience in a multi-site environment
- Working experience with senior levels of organizations, government, professional associations, community stakeholders and others
- Excellent project management, strategic planning and leadership skills
- Consulting and negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically at the global organizational level, as well as at Directorate, unit and individual levels.
- Broad knowledge of overall hospital structure, operating policies and decision-making processes.
- Knowledge of computer systems and various software applications
- Excellent knowledge of quality improvement principles and practice
- Broad understanding of the health care system, related issues and trends, policies and legislation.
- Knowledge of management principles and theories
- Knowledge of research techniques and processes
- Broad understanding of and sensitivity towards the multilingual and multicultural diversity of UHN staff/clients.
- Ability to adapt to change and to implement changes and facilitates its acceptance by others.
- Excellent problem recognition, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent creativity and innovation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse management and employee groups and individuals
POSTED DATE: JANUARY 9, 2014
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful , caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.