Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our growing team.
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the Team.
Responsible for ensuring the continued safe operation of electrical systems and equipment. Carries out electrical repairs and maintenance for all facilities.
1. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify and make installations to the building's electrical power distribution systems in a professional and timely fashion as required.
2. Troubleshoot, maintain, adjust, repair, calibrate or install all types of electrical equipment having complex interlocking or inter-related circuits (i.e., PLC’s, generators, transformers, switch-gear, controllers, electronic circuits, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other transmission equipment).
3. Use various test instruments to diagnose problems, determine electrical load and power quality.
4. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify pneumatic control systems.
5. Compile and maintain all information and documentation relevant to all building systems (CMMS, Ontario Hydro Log Book, change control, update drawings, files etc.)
6. Work with users, other facilities staff and vendors to provide electrical expertise / evaluate effectiveness of systems in order to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of Apotex facilities and for continuous improvements.
7. Arranges for contracted services as required and supervises all work on electrical systems and equipment.
8. Determines impact of work, communicates to department management and customers to schedule activities to reduce impact on production schedules.
9. Assure that all electrical work is completed according to the respective codes.
10. Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications; locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
11. Follow manufacturer's manuals for tracing complicated circuitry in equipment.
12. Improvise acceptable temporary alterations to allow continued safe operations.
13. Utilize standard electricians' hand tools, measuring and testing instruments, conduit bender, power hacksaw, pipe-threader.
14. Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and established safety standards.
15. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
* Grade 12 combined with a current Ontario Industrial Electrician and/or
* Construction and Maintenance Electrician License.
* At least five years previous electrical maintenance experience with instrumentation and control experience is required.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation
* Good Planning and organizational skills.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.