Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our growing team.
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the Team!
If you feel satisfied when you spend your day doing something that will greatly improve the lives of others, then you will enjoy the sense of satisfaction you get from being a Production Technician at Apotex. Our Production Technicians play a critical role in ensuring the quality, safety, and on-time delivery of our pharmaceutical products.
The Production Technician role is a permanent full time position with pension and benefits.
This position requires applicants to be available for a consistent midnight shift, with the possibility of a shift rotation. We have positions available in our North York site (Steeles Avenue West and Weston Road) and our Etobicoke site (Steeles Avenue West and Highway 427).
The Production Technician:
- Responsible for sanitation, set-up and operation of all production equipment.
- Manufactures product as per customer and company requirements while working within a team environment.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Documents (SODs) and company policies/regulations and remains aligned to the Apotex Strategic Objectives.
- Perform all duties according to the SOD’s, GMP’s and all other established safety standards and company policies
- Correctly complete all documentation as per SOD’s, GDP and GMP requirements, i.e., observations, test results, batch record information, etc.
- Access Apotex intranet for the purpose of locating and utilizing relevant SOD’s, MSDS’s, company policies and procedures
- Notify Coordinator in the event of a departure from procedure, product defect, safety incident or other serious problem
Productivity and Equipment:
- Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble processing equipment according to established SODs to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of reliability and productivity goals
- Safely operate all required equipment and machinery including those used to manufacture, store, clean and transport production related assets
- Execute applicable SAP and LIMS transactions accurately and in a timely manner
- Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule adherence
- Complete reliability sheet documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment while performing all job related duties
- Understand cycle time concepts and sources of unreliability to focus on critical areas of improvement
- Must perform the CPC or LT responsibilities as required.
1. Actively seeks and accepts positive and constructive feedback from colleagues and leadership
2. Works effectively with team members in support of team and department goals
3. Communicates effectively both verbally and written, in English
4. Perform any related duties as assigned
5. Actively contributes in team meetings and other team-related activities
Minimum secondary school diploma or recognized equivalent
Ability to lift 20 kgs. on a regular basis
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment and Respiratory Protection responsibly as per Apotex procedures.
Previous manufacturing experience within Food/Pharmaceutical Industry is an asset
Working knowledge of Windows Operating System
Results and customer service oriented, pursues work with energy and drive
Ability to function in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills
*This is either a rotating shift or a straight midnight shift.*
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.