Reference Number: 32350
The Automation Engineering co-op student will be responsible for supporting the Oil Sands automation team while ensuring safe and reliable operation of the plant. The automation team is responsible for the operation and maintenance of control systems equipment at the facility.
- This position is available for a twelve month work term
- Students must be returning to full-time studies after the work term to be eligible
- Students are not required to be enrolled in a formal co-op program
- Configuring plant control systems (Honeywell, DeltaV DCS, FSC, Triconex SIS, AB PLCs, GE RTU, SCADA, etc)
- Updating control systems documentation (C&Es, P&IDs, alarm lists, etc.)
- Performing regular control system maintenance activities
- Assisting with automation quality testing
- Monitoring and reporting on control system key performance indicators (KPIs)
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- 3rd or 4th year process control, electrical, computer engineering student
- Previous oil/heavy industry experience is preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-motivated with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail in assigned tasks is essential
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point)
- Knowledge of process control fundamentals such as PID control is an asset
- Knowledge of control system deliverables such as cause and effect diagrams, P&IDs, control narratives, wiring diagrams, etc. is an asset
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals is an asset
- This position is based in Fort McMurray
- Salary varies with years of education and experience
Put yourself in our picture. At Suncor, we're invested in your success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Student internships offer varied project opportunities that will enhance your studies and can sometimes lead to permanent, full-time employment status.
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now