Being an independent financial services professional means that you are your own boss!
Find out what this actually means.
You decide how to manage your time and organize your work. In other words, you are responsible for your own success.
You choose the market in which you want to work (individual or business) and the products you want to offer
Your income is in direct proportion to your efforts and your determination
The only limitations are those you impose on yourself!
Your income does not come only from commissions on new sales, but also from commissions on renewals.
Support with your communication and marketing efforts.
Desjardins Group the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, has assets of more than $190 billion as at December 31, 2011. Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is the preferred distributor of products and services of Desjardins Financial Security.
About Desjardins Group:
Named Bank of the Year 2010 - Canada by The Banker published by The Financial Times.
The Banker's Top 1,000 World Banks (ranked 91st) 2010.
Global Finance's 2010 World's 50 Safest Banks: Ranked 25th in world and 4th in North America.
National leader in Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital, 2010
Ranked first on Corporate Knights magazine's 2012 list of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.
Desjardins Group regularly grants in excess of $70 million in donations, sponsorships and scholarships to the Canadian community. Its network of caisses, subsidiaries and Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network financial centres contribute locally to numerous community endeavours that support health, community services, education and culture.
® Registered trademark owned by Desjardins Financial Security
BECOME A PART OF OUR SUCCESS STORY
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is part of Desjardins Financial Security, and the Desjardins Group which has assets of over $160 billion, the largest cooperative financial group in Canada and the sixth largest financial institution in the country. We are a Canadian leader in the financial services industry with a dynamic coast-to-coast network, comprised of 40 financial centres and more than 1,200 associate partners.
We are a full service financial services provider with access to multiple insurers and investment fund products. Our track record is based on the quality of support services delivered to associates with a company wide commitment to professionalism. We believe in listening to our associates' needs for providing the products and tools needed to maximize their value in meeting clients' financial planning needs.
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is looking for an experienced financial planner at our Vancouver, BC location.
Our Business Model
As a professional, you know that your profit comes from growing your revenue while being mindful of expenses. We understand that you must manage your business while marketing yourself in your community in order to develop new clientele. With Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network our model balances support with independence to ensure your successful practice.
Our network offers:
- Access to multiple insurers and to over 60 investment fund companies operating in Canada giving you the confidence to offer the best financial solutions to your clients
- Financial and advisory support in purchasing books of business
- Succession planning and pricing assistance when it comes time to sell your book of business
Rewards & Recognition
- A competitive pooled commission compensation bonus structure and immediate vesting
- Incentive plans that also recognize production from non-Desjardins Insurance insurance products, mutual funds and segregated funds
- Educational conferences in international locations such as Istanbul, Rome and Malta for you and your spouse
- Annual recognition dinner in Montreal to honour business success
- Dedicated marketing consultants support you in advertising, client seminars, web/social media, etc. Design layout, content editing and compliance verification is free
- A personalized monthly web-based newsletter for clients/prospects
- Turn-key lead generation programs based on current consumer interests in the marketplace
- Access to a multi-disciplinary team and qualified experts such as lawyers from our Elite Case Team
- Frequent presentations on marketing and sales theory highlighting our customizable marketing material
We require the following criteria from applicants:
- Minimum three years of previous sales experience
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Proficient in MicrosoftWord, Excel, PowerPoint and in internet navigation and research
Desjardins Group - with business dating back to 1900 - is the largest financial cooperative in Canada, and was named as one of North America's Top Three Safest Banks by Global Finance (2012). Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network - part of Desjardins Insurance - distinguishes itself by the quality of support we deliver to our associates with a company-wide commitment to professionalism.
We thank all applicants however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is an equal opportunity employer.