Position: 1st COOK
Reports to: Executive Chef
Start Date: Immediately
- Strong culinary background with 3 to 5 years experience, preferably in upscale dining, hotel or resort.
- Must be well versed in all areas of kitchen operations, including food preparation and stewarding.
- Red Seal Certification or recognized equivalent.
- Completion of recognized culinary training, or similar diploma a strong asset.
- Food Safe Level 1 certification.
- Self disciplined with a sincere desire to provide excellent guest service.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold a motivated and organized work environment.
- Attention to detail, with the skills to enhance food quality and presentation standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to work independently as required.
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative and multi-tasked environment.
- Physically fit, with ability to lift heavy loads (35 kg).
- Must be prepared to work a variety of shifts and weekends.
- Food production, preparation, presentation, and service delivery of all food services.
- Adhere to all Key Service Standards, and established recipe specifications within the Kitchen and Hotel.
- Monitor food quality, and ensure proper standards of food preparation, rotation and storage.
- Assist in establishing menu specifications, plate presentation, and creating visual food displays for all outlets.
- Lead by example in supporting the 'White Coat' and 'Our Kitchen is Your Kitchen' Programs.
- Participate actively in a multi-functional work environment.
- Work respectably and effectively in a Show Kitchen restaurant environment.
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and maintain a high level of professionalism and quality service.
- Assist in developing and training of 2nd and 3rd Cooks.
- Work conscientiously in assisting to control food quality, food cost, labour, and wastage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work towards continuous improvement and quality.
Why is this a great place to work? Learn more...