Our St. John's, NL office is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner /Project Manager that can guide clients through the CEAA and the Newfoundland and Labrador provincial process. This position requires experience managing multi-disciplinary environmental assessments or planning projects, working with regulators and public stakeholders, and the ability to find solutions for our clients.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment and will be responsible for leading environmental impact assessments and environmental permitting for a variety of clients. He /she will also be responsible for proposal and report writing and presentations.
As the successful candidate you will be involved in a variety of projects in the offshore oil and gas, mining, and power sectors. Specific duties will include scoping the work required to fulfill the requirements of CEAA and the Newfoundland and Labrador environmental assessment legislation, the coordination of field work, and preparing EA reports such as component studies and Environmental Impact Statements, based on the results of data, and coordination of large teams of subject-discipline experts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing direction to team of discipline-area experts regarding completion of environmental assessment reports
- Assisting with and /or leading proposal development, including the development of work plans, project teams, and budgets
- Client management. Project Management
- Providing direction on technical work programs
- Senior review of technical reports
- Mentoring and coaching of junior and intermediate professionals