Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE:WFT) is one of the largest global providers of products and services that span the drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention cycles of oil and natural gas wells. Weatherford is a new breed of service company- one that can provide the industry with extended products and services, more efficient operations, more powerful research and development capabilities and greater geographic diversity.
Weatherford has created a more streamlined organizational structure to continue a push towards greater individual productivity levels through more intensive recruiting, training and retention.
A World of Opportunity
Some people believe the world's oil and gas reserves will soon run dry. They think the industry is dying, technology has passed it by, and career opportunities are fading. None of that could be further from the truth.
There's probably enough oil and gas down below to last the rest of this century. The industry is thriving as never before. Career opportunities will abound throughout your working life and for generations to come.
Problem is, there are simply not enough petroleum engineers, geologists, geophysicists and other professionals to go around. And the shortage of men and women will grow even more acute as many seasoned professionals go into retirement.
What that means for you is opportunity.
1. ORGANIZATION SUMMARY
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical TechnologyT designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
2. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Review and submit for Counsel approval business transactions and agreements that, if entered into by Weatherford, would have a potentially economic impact on Weatherford or might be in conflict with present Corporate and Regional Policies or pending laws and regulations.
- Assist country Counsel in the Supervision of Corporate and Regional Policies Compliance
- Assist country Counsel to Implement Programs, training, and internal controls necessary to achieve the compliance of Corporate/Regional Policies and applicable laws.
- Asisst Country Counsel to set strategies of labor, commercial and criminal claims and litigations.
- Work with country counsel to develop and draft country policies and procedures, including reviewing and editing of existing documents.
- Assist country counsel to advise internal departments, providing legal advice and counseling on a range of matters including environmental, litigation, antitrust, labor, tax, governmental, administrative.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on industry best practices for collection and use of data
- Assist the commercial organization in structuring contracts and activities in compliance with applicable law
- Periodical Legal Report to the Country counsel.
- Other duties as assigned by Country counsel.
- Attorney with energy and transactional law experience.
4. POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
See Job Description