With energy, drive and a spirit of collaboration, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. Better still, there are no limits on the legacy you can leave while working for ABB.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
ABB Canada (Burlington location) is looking for an Operational Excellence Co-ordinator to assist the Power Generation team.
Responsibilities will include;
- Assist OpEx Manager in the implementation of major initiatives for continuous improvement, including documenting new processes, implementing tools, and executing training
- Interaction with all process areas (Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Sales, Proposals, Service, Finance) in the implementation of process improvements based on ABB's 4Q methodology
- Work with OpEx Manager and Project Manager(s) to develop project Quality Plans based on contractual requirements
- Develop implementation strategies for QA/QC based on project specific contractual requirements as well as ABB standards
- Provide guidance to Site QA/QC teams on implementation of quality control strategies at site, including development of checklists for Installation and Commissioning
- Manage collection of all QA/QC documentation from Project Mgmt, Supply Chain, Engineering and Site teams
- Technical support for Sharepoint tool for both ABB and Customers/Third-Parties
- Development of process improvement tools, ie. Lessons Learned Database
- Industrial Engineer with 0-3 years experience
- Motivated self-starter with ability to take ownership of problems and produce effective and timely solutions
- Excellent technical oral and written communications skills with the ability to write reports and make presentations with ease
- Experience in dealing effectively with peers, clients, vendors and contractors
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, including Sharepoint
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.