Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Gone are the days when tax was considered "housekeeping." Today tax can provide an opportunity to significantly improve the bottom line – if handled with skill and precision. Keeping up with the opportunities as well as changing tax requirements and risks can pose a challenge to any organization, from a local business to a multinational. Tax planning must keep pace with – even help shape – a company's operations. This means that tax specialists must manage all of the intricate details in local jurisdictions, while strategically planning the global flow of transactions.
Click here to find out more about our Tax service lines.
Are you an individual, who enjoys the challenge of solving complextax problems and developing innovative solutions for clients? Do you like tocontinually learn and be surrounded by talented colleagues? If so, we arelooking for an experienced Senior Analyst or Manager to join our Indirect Taxgroup at our Vancouver location. You will support our clients in a widevariety of issues pertaining to Indirect Tax.
BC Indirect Tax group
We provide professional services to awide range of clients including large public and private corporations,universities, not–for profit organizations and charities. Indirect Tax services provided by ourIndirect Tax group include advice regarding sales tax implications of specifictransactions, preparation of detailed technical ruling requests, preparation ofvoluntary disclosures to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), assistance with CRAaudits and preparation of Notices of Objection. Deloitte’s Indirect Tax practiceemploys the use of strong data analytics to facilitate our clients’ needs. Read on tolearn more about this role.
A career in Tax will offer you the opportunityto:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field;
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients;
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path;
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian engagements.
An ideal candidate will:
- Advise clients on the application of the GST, the QST and provincial sales taxes
- Develop tax planning strategies to minimize the consequences of commodity taxes on a variety of transactions
- Review tax provisions, prepare tax opinions and other tax documents;
- Review assessments and negotiate with tax authorities
- Have a deep understanding of the relevant tax laws and be able to apply this to the particular client's facts and circumstances;
- Proactively understand the needs of the client and work with them to develop relevant and valuable tax solutions and plan strategies;
- Identify and develop new opportunities for additional tax services;
- Organize and execute client engagements while acting as a trusted business advisor;
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs;
Click here to apply
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, commerce, public administration, or law would be an asset;
- Completion of the CPA Canada In–depth GST/HST course would be considered an asset;
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of related work experience;
- Experience working with Financial Services or Public Sector would be an asset
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership;
- Occasional Canadian travel required.
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.