Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, the Technical Maintenance Supervisor will overseeing activities related to the maintenance of the building and OSR system. This position is responsible to ensure resources are appropriately scheduled and available to support the efficient operation of the OSR, as well as that all quality and health and safety standards are met. The Technical Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assisting supervising employees when the Production and Receiving Supervisors are not available. The Technical Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for writing and developing training manuals and training staff to work on all positions of the OSR system.
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Mechanically inclined as well as good knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry
- Positive attitude and the ability to excel within a team environment
- Fast learner and able to work independently as well as work within a team environment.
- Able to take direction from manager
- Trouble shooting system issues
- Full Maintenance of OSR equipment
- Maintaining logs on all equipment
- Maintain OSR inventory replacement parts.
- Possesses or working towards college diploma in electromechanical engineering technician
- Related degree or Technical Diploma in electronics, or other technical training an asset
- Technical knowledge related to effective and efficient production practices
- Experience in progressively responsible positions, including supervisory or management positions directing the work to others, within a high volume fast paced distribution setting
- Prior experience and or understanding of the operation of Knapp OSR equipment, knowledgeable and adapt at trouble shooting OSR conveyer and shuttle systems
- Experience and ability to lead, motivate, and manage employees to meet objectives.
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Customer service focused, both internal and external to the business
- Able to work with high degree of independence.
- Good project management skills, and decision making abilities
- Experienced in the use of MS Office MS Dynamics AX and/or other software tools
- Reliable and dependable
- High degree of flexibility and adaptable to changing priorities
- Overtime required