The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of B.C. (MFI) is seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join the team. If you are a dedicated professional, outgoing, have a great attitude, outstanding communication skills, and are well organized we are interested in hearing from you.
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia was founded in 1902 and has a proud heritage of serving our policyholders.
We have a full complement of insurance products including Personal, Farm, and Commercial available in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Mutual Fire Insurance is a progressive, well managed, growth oriented insurer owned by our policyholders.
The Personal Lines Underwriter will underwrite property and casualty policies; producing profitable new business, and service the existing portfolio in accordance with established corporate objectives and standards.
- Assess and evaluate new and existing business for a broad class of risks, communicating and negotiating coverage and pricing with brokers. Apply technical knowledge and common sense to rating, underwriting and documentation of new business, renewals, and endorsements. Develop new business and take advantage of rate / value increases and up-sell opportunities.
- Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and individual authority levels.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships, including ability to conduct broker visits to help team meet production goals.
- Attend training sessions as required. Maintain an awareness of market trends, pricing levels and legal requirements. Apply loss control and risk management concepts. Service customers in a prompt and efficient manner within corporate timeframes.
- CIP designation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an underwriting position
- Strong Computer Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and takes initiative to manage priorities effectively
- Knowledge of policy forms, content, terminology and underwriting processes
Please send your resume and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.