The Digital Solutions team is looking for a Jr. Information Architect to join our new Bloor St East office in delivering exciting new digital interfaces across our news media network. An Information Architect comes in at the beginning of a project to work with the creative team, developers, and product owners to establish strategies that simplify how people find information online. The documents developed by the Information Architect help define the structure and organization of websites and applications, and therefore play a key role in development, testing, and managing scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyze business and user needs and synthesize them into testable functional specifications.
- Produce clarifying assets such as site maps, wireframes, process diagrams, use cases, user stories, scenarios, data flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes.
- Track requirements and their execution throughout the project to ensure fulfillment.
- Keep abreast of digital interaction designs and technologies in order to make innovative user interface recommendations.
- 3+ years' work experience (or equivalent education) in a web/interactive design position.
- Familiarity with OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamiq, Viso, or other wireframing tools.
- Have a passion for usability best practices and the ability to champion user-centered design principles.
- Have a keen eye for detail while understanding the big picture.
- Logical, inquisitive, collaborative, and solutions-oriented.
- A strong communicator who is comfortable presenting to groups.
- An online portfolio demonstrating your ability to envision digital interfaces and build consensus among stakeholders.
- Experience designing mobile/tablet user interfaces.
- Experience working with taxonomies, metadata, and content management systems.
- Familiarity with responsive/adaptive web design patterns.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, WordPress.
- Knowledge of IAB display advertising standards.
A little about us:
Postmedia Network Inc. is the largest publisher by circulation of paid English-language daily newspapers in Canada, representing some of the Country's oldest and best-known media brands.
Reaching millions of Canadians every week, Postmedia Network engages readers and offers advertisers and marketers integrated solutions to effectively reach target audiences through a variety of print, online, digital, and mobile platforms.
From our new headquarters in downtown Toronto, we work with colleagues at The Vancouver Sun, The Edmonton Journal, The Ottawa Citizen, The Montreal Gazette, and others to create innovative ways to enjoy the news digitally. Our most recent digital projects have included a Sochi Olympics website, www.driving.ca, and www.canada.com.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 12, 2014
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.