We have openings for an Insurance Advisor - Sales to join our Personal Insurance team working at our Horizon Heights office in Calgary, Alberta.
To provide front-line sales and service by analyzing, counseling, recommending coverage, quoting, placing and servicing new business. Sell Personal Insurance products and meet sales targets while generating leads and developing business relationships with individual and group clientele.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Selling new business, up-selling and cross-selling insurance products and services
- Establish networking relationships through active participation in community marketing initiatives
- Completing new applications supporting the BrokerLink workflows
- Qualify clients, measure quality of risk, ensure proper risk rating is applied and place with appropriate company
- Following up on daily ex-dates, prospective clients and all quotes not bound
- Test new sales strategies, techniques and processes while providing feedback
- Identify the appropriate selling features in each quote and offer most relevant products
- Keeping current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives and professional development required of the position
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School and or Post Secondary Education
- 2 years of previous insurance industry experience is an asset
- Previous sales experience is an asset
- General Insurance level 1 license
- Exposure to Agency Manager is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent customer service, sales and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
If this opportunity has interest for you, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please also indicate the position and location in the subject heading. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BrokerLink we know there is more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.