| || Manager of Communications & Fundraising |
Two weeks +
Bilingual an asset
|altisprofessional is looking to hire a Manager of Communications & Fundraising for our global financial non-for-profit client located downtown. This position will be supporting and reporting into the CEO, managing all aspects of communications and fundraising planning, strategy development and execution. Deploys the corporate communications plan based on strong strategic insights, analysis and understanding of the organizations unique national and international stakeholder relations. Guides the development and roll-out of essential fundraising initiatives supported by tailored communication products mapped to the various audiences deemed vital to the fundraising process. Ensures all external communications, marketing and reporting support the premiere reputation of the organization in the international financial sectors of banking, insurance, securities, pensions, cross-sectoral and micro-finance. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Leads and coordinates production of high quality corporate and annual reports for the CEO, Board of Directors and key stakeholders by compiling submittals from the management team and editing cohesive, consistent, and professional documents that may include annual work plans, progress reports, new initiatives, quality measures and financial information.
- Ensures cross coordination with the organizations Program Directors, Manager of Finance and Administration, external consultants and others, in the preparation of high quality programs portrayed through participant feedback.
- Produces, updates and serves as project manager for key corporate communication initiatives including, but not limited to the following: Corporate website, Organizations social media and community profiles, Brochures and e-Newsletters write-ups and for material used for specific training programs.
- Creates media opportunities and interviews.
- Researches various sources of potential funding and produces cases for support, including the preparation of proposals to public sector, foundations, and corporations granting agencies.
- Partners with the CEO and Program Directors to publically represent the organization with agency, governmental, academic, and funding organizations.
- Assists the CEO and Program Directors to promote the organizations programs to developing countries and emerging markets, as well as potential partner organizations.
- Assists the Director of Supervisory Guidance in expanding the various vehicles of dissemination that may include the Community, the organizations website, webinars for Associates, publications in journals, and other venues where the organization will be recognised as a leader.
- Maintains and enhances the contact management database of former members and key stakeholders.
- Contributes to the organizations effectiveness by offering information and opinion as a member of the management team; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Annual salary of $55,000 - $75,000 varies with experience, including health and dental benefits.
- Masterâ?Ts degree in English, political science, journalism or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of communications and professional writing. Would be ideal to have experience working with a non-for-profit, public sector focused organization. Financial service industry knowledge is considered a large asset.
- Must be able to speak and write in English with excellent fluency
- Ability to speak and write in French is preferred and considered an asset.
- Must be able to live and work in Toronto and travel nationally and internationally on occasion.
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of effective external and internal communication methods and processes.
- Knowledge of fundraising for non-profit entities is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with media is preferred.
- Knowledge of research methods and sources of information.
- Ability to be persuasive, diplomatic and tactful in high pressure situations, and be an â?oambassadorâ? for the organization.
- Ability to leverage strategies and tailor messages to various audiences.
- Ability to be quick and responsive to requirements under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to establish professional relationships with senior management of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Must have experience and skills using all social media platforms and internet-based tools.
- Skill in distance communications.
Discretionary performance bonus of up to 20% of annual salary awarded for exceptional performance.
| || Apply Online 20140328.32 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.