Great- West Life is growing and currently has an exciting opportunity for a People Manager - Systems Analysts, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate will join us in our Information Services (IS) Career Centre, which supplies skilled practitioners to our organization. These site-specific centres of excellence focus on five Information Technology disciplines (Project Managers, Systems Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, Systems Architects, and Software Developers). This position will manage practitioners from the Systems Analyst discipline.
The functional roles of the Career Centres are to provide resource management and professional development services to all internal IS Division business areas and programs. As well as, develop and maintain IS best practices as part of the application delivery process within each of the business sites.
The People Manager, Systems Analysts (SAN) works collaboratively with the Systems Analyst Career Center leadership team in leading all staff and supporting the development of the Systems Analyst discipline. The People Manager, Systems Analysts will be responsible for ensuring that consistent Human Resource Practices are followed within the Career Centre including resourcing, compensation, learning and development, and performance management.
The People Manager, Systems Analysts works collaboratively with the Systems Analyst practitioners and Delivery Leaders to balance and achieve the needs of both the practitioners and the IS Division.
- Manages staffing, resourcing, coaching, individual career /professional development and workforce planning based on the business plan
- Contributes to the development and management of the career centre (including strategic planning, operational expense management, and skills development within the discipline)
- Executes the performance management and compensation processes within the SAN career centre to ensure results (includes performance appraisals, reward and recognition, salary management, promotion)
- Ensures best practice, process and methodology development, deployment and application
- Mentors and coaches in Systems Analyst discipline to develop future leaders
- Manages external vendor contracts to ensure high quality resources to augment resourcing requirements
- Supports the development and management of the career centre organisation
- Participates in the IS Leadership Team to provide leadership across the division
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post secondary degree in a relevant discipline or combination of education and relevant experience
- A minimum of 8 years practical experience in an IT environment
- Knowledge of resource planning/forecasting, resource management and an understanding of succession planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to research, develop business plans and change management principles
- Knowledge of IT industry processes and best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal direction
- Proven mentoring and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of IT planning
- Knowledge of I.S. HR practices, standards, policies and processes would be an asset
- Experience in managing consultant/client relationships is an asset
- Technical knowledge of the SAN discipline (methods, practices, processes and tools) would be an asset.
Discover your opportunity. . . Apply with cover letter and resume by March 7, 2014
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.