ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
Headquartered in Toronto, ShawCor operates through eight wholly owned business units: Bredero Shaw, Shaw Pipeline Services, Canusa-CPS, Guardian, DSG-Canusa, ShawFlex, Socotherm and Flexpipe Systems. Manufacturing, service facilities and sales offices provide global career opportunities for 5000 employees in over 20 countries around the world.
This position is responsible for the day to day administration of HR business systems and processes. Manages through a collaborative process, the daily activities required to ensure the ongoing productive functioning of the HR Systems. This position will also engage workgroups and external providers to identify, discuss, create and implement solutions to increase the functionality of the system. Manages these tactical projects to successfully implement systems upgrades
- Monitor and ensure data integrity, resolve technical issues as they arise, and implement solutions while factoring in risks, timelines, and partnership with stakeholders, and business
- Implement, test, maintain and enhance Corporate HR technology tools and databases with the use of appropriate project management tools as required
Support Corporate IT Projects
- Work with Global IT team to successfully implement key projects that rely on the SuccessFactors system
Support Training Initiatives
- Deliver and coordinate delivery of training initiatives to ensure user understanding of the HR Systems
- Support key processes to ensure the ongoing functionality of the HR Systems.
- Address escalated issues, and provide ongoing user support.
- Implement and administration of key processes such as objective setting, performance management, compensation administration.
- Research, investigate and provide solutions, make recommendations for information flow, analytics, systems and tools to support objectives.
- Work with external vendors to design and develop technology solutions including budgets
- Assist with content ownership and structure of HR portal in SharePoint and intranet site for HR.
- Maintain knowledge of current HRIS technology and trends
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Education and /or professional experience in HR and Information Technology.
- Systems administrator experience in a cloud-based talent management system preferably SuccessFactors, but with experience with Taleo, Workday, Kenexa etc., will be considered.
- General knowledge of the following with extensive knowledge in one or more areas: XML; Microsoft SharePoint 2013; SCORM and AICC learning standards; BIRT or other BI query and reporting tools.
- Experienced in advanced data operations and possesses well developed analytical skills.
- Develop and execute UAT plans and test scripts.
- Project management skills and ability to push projects through to completion in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple initiatives effectively.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, solid problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated skills in supporting users to assist in addressing issues and concerns.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think analytically with a focus on problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team and work effectively with a geographically dispersed group.
- Bachelors degree
- HR Management Certificate
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience as a HR Generalist, or System Administrator within the HR field.
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of core HR business practices and ERP systems
We welcome applications from internal applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employees of ShawCor must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing . You must apply online using SuccessFactors for your application to be received.
While you do not need to seek Supervisor approval to apply for jobs your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview stage.