Our Global Infrastructure Advisory Group in Vancouver is seeking a director level individual with 10+ years of experience assessing, planning, and implementing major capital projects, including through, but not limited to structures such as public private partnerships and/or other alternative delivery models. This individual will work with a multi-disciplinary team of project management professionals, engineers, consultants, architects, accountants, and attorneys, some of whom are former owners, contractors, design, and construction professionals dedicated to the Global Infrastructure Advisory Group. Our group currently comprises of over 20 professionals locally and 70 professionals nationally.
Our Global Infrastructure Advisory team adds value to our clients on their major infrastructure projects by helping them understand and manage risks associated with their projects. Our advisory assistance helps both public sector and private sector clients develop strategies to implement, fund and manage their major infrastructure projects through effective planning, transaction structuring, robust value for money analysis, and effective procurement and implementation. For private sector clients, we assist them in a myriad of infrastructure related advisory services including responding to alternative delivery opportunities through proposal assistance, managing funding competitions and providing key capital markets advice.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
KPMG LLP is an audit, tax and advisory firm seeking a Director with a professional services or consulting background to join our growing Global Infrastructure Advisory practice in Vancouver.
This individual will be part of the management team leading our practice in the delivery of high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients in our practice by bringing his/her advisory expertise to the team. He/she will be responsible for leading business development in the West and nationally and advising on major capital projects, including those for government, as well as those for power and utilities, oil and gas, and/or mining companies as well as other sectors.
Role and Responsibilities
This individual will take the lead in advising clients on:
- Infrastructure planning, strategy and capital allocation
- Feasibility, business case and market analysis
- Procurement options analysis
- Project risk assessment
- Project governance
- Commercial structuring of complex contracts
- Coordinating legal, financial and/or technical teams
- Procurement and process management
- Bid evaluation, commercial and financial close
- Project implementation advice through design and construction of the project
- Stakeholder management and communications strategy
- Undertake business development in Western Canada as well as nationally within the practice in both public and private sector markets.
- Manage and actively participate in the responding to government issued RFPs for advisory mandates on infrastructure projects.
- Train, mentor and undertake performance management of junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team.
- Work closely with other Managers, Directors and Partners.
- Assist with business and practice development activities for Global Major Projects
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Architecture (combined with a MBA preferred but not required) or a Bachelors degree in Business
- Project Management and procurement experience with large ($100M+) capital projects
- 10+ years of industry experience.with particular emphasis in the energy sector, natural resource sector and/or accommodations sector
- An understanding the lifecycle activities of an infrastructure asset and is familiar with the Value-for-Money process of PPP analysis
- Familiarity of alterative contract types: EPCM to DBFO
- Experience drafting business plans to secure senior government approval and funding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong relationships in the Western Canadian market that can be leveraged into business opportunities.
- Proven capabilities of managing, and developing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent and communication skills and writing skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record at "juggling" multiple and competing priorities