KPMG LLP is seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our growing Global Infrastructure Advisory practice in Vancouver. When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of project strategy and project management professionals, stakeholder and government relations specialists, engineers, architects, project financiers, accountants, and attorneys, some of whom are former developers, owners, contractors, design, and construction professionals.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada due to our deeply specialized knowledge and skills, and unrelenting commitment to client service excellence. As leaders of the industry, we are passionate about earning client trust. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters - our clients'.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
KPMG's growing and market-leading Global Infrastructure Advisory practice in the Vancouver office is looking for an experienced industry professional to join our Strategy and Development practice. This is a position for those seeking to take a leading role in the infrastructure sector. This role is specifically geared for those with in-depth experience across industry sectors in areas pertaining to corporate/project strategy, project feasibility, economic analysis, risk management, project lifecycle management, issues management, project finance and procurement, infrastructure planning, asset management, operational issues management and project delivery.
You will work with senior management in both the public and private sectors to assist them to develop strategy, assess feasibility, deliver projects and/or assess projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Market research and tracking of key trends/development/industry activities/major players
- Developing marketing material, white papers, journal articles
- Speaking at conferences
- Leading responses to Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications
- Attending client meetings to understand potential business opportunities
- Follow-up client meetings and engagements to maintain client rapport as well as develop new opportunities for pursuit
- Managing KPMG teams on individual projects
- Project administration
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ten + years in a project management and strategy environment
- An undergraduate degree in business or economics (a graduate degree in business or equivalent is considered an asset)
- A good understanding of trends, public policies, common project lifecycle issues and strategy development for public or private sector companies contemplating undertaking significant projects;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and solve complex client issues such as: multiple stakeholder engagement, cross-function issues management and cross-function strategy and process implementation.
- Demonstrated (or proven) client engagement and business development capabilities and experience.
- A team-oriented attitude;
- Demonstrated strategic /"big picture" thinking;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Flexibility to manage multiple assignments concurrently;
- An intellectual curiosity;
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team; and is
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Must be able and willing to travel within Canada, the US and internationally due to our diverse client base.