Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The position holder is responsible for soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with major account holders, large businesses, associations, business groups, franchises and franchise organizations in order to promote the optimum use of and satisfaction with the products and services offered. He or she actively participates in achieving the unit's sales and business development objectives.
In order to support his business expansion, Desjardins Card Services is seeking for candidates to contribute gaining new grounds in the acquiring business. Using strong connections in the industry, the Business Development Manager will be accountable for identifying, qualifying and signing new national merchant accounts within assigned territory. Engage with strategic partners (Credit Unions, VARs), the successful candidate will be responsible to generate/exploit lead-opportunities.
- Provide expert advisory support to clients to ensure the optimal use and updating of products and services.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their full satisfaction with respect to products and services and the quality of customer service. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Help define business plan objectives and action plans and implement appropriate means to achieve these objectives.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with major account holders, large businesses, associations, business groups, franchises and franchise organizations in order to promote the line of products and services.
- Identify and analyze client needs, develop solutions suited to those needs; prepare integrated service offers that balance client satisfaction, profitability and risk level; and negotiate conditions with clients.
- Propose sales strategies, objectives and orientations. Design work tools and experiment with new approaches for solicitation or product and service promotion to maintain or increase sales.
- Monitor the market, identifying opportunities to acquire new clients or develop new competitive products and services
- Carry out various promotional campaign activities related to the unit's activities. Take part in public relations activities and ensure a presence in the business community.
- If required, prepare training or knowledge-transfer sessions to ensure skills development within the sales force.