We are currently seeking a Project Planner experienced in Transportation, mobility and and Urban Planning for our location in Ottawa, ON.
We are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighborhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions. We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.Position Description:
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Project Planner to join our Integrated Mobility department, located at our Ottawa office. The Project Planner is a key team member of the Integrated Mobility team who is responsible for identifying mobility management and integrated mobility opportunities, leading the preparation of proposals, and leading projects to successful completion while coordinating multi-disciplinary teams from across our company as well as other partners.
The wage range for this position is between $55,000 - $75,000.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain contacts with mobility management, active transportation, integrated mobility, TDM and transportation planning professionals at designated clients across Canada, the United States and internationally;
- Identify mobility management and integrated mobility opportunities and coordinate tracking of those opportunities;
- Create and enhance integrated mobility and mobility management proposals, reports, presentations, spreadsheets and other materials required for business development, proposal preparation and project completion;
- Coordinate preparation of integrated mobility and mobility management proposals with peers, other departments and external partners;
- Coordinate completion of integrated mobility and mobility management projects with peers, other departments and external partners;
- Develop and enhance the integrated mobility and mobility management business offering;
- Attend meetings with and make presentations for current and potential clients;
- Support team members and communicate with internal and external clients to ensure effective operations;
- Deliver training and provide guidance on mobility management and integrated mobility issues and techniques;
- Identify areas for process improvement and promote practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned
We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Urban Planning, Geography, Economics, or a related discipline from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience;
- Proven experience implementing integrated mobility and mobility management solutions;
- Demonstrated experience using Service Design techniques to develop mobility management products and solutions;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of multi-modal transport planning concepts and practice;
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation and research skills;
- Ability to work effectively in either a team environment or independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet strict deadlines;
- Skilled at identifying and setting priorities.
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits). Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted We are a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.