Designer / Transportation Planner needed in Mississauga, ON.
We are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighborhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions. We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference. Position Description:
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Designer or Technologist to join our Transportation Planning department, located at our Mississauga office. This position will be involved in our broad range of transportation planning projects including Environmental Assessment studies, feasibility studies, municipal and provincial highway preliminary design, transportation policy studies, border crossing studies, airport access studies and long range forecasting for all modes of transportation. The wage range for this position is between $54,000-$69,000.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing transportation studies
- Analyzing transportation options
- Developing highway and transit preliminary designs
- Attending project meetings and assist in making presentations
- Liaising with team members and the public
- Preparing study schedules, meeting minutes and reports
- Analyzing transportation demand patterns, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Planning or a related field from an accredited university or Technologist diploma from an accredited college;
- Minimum 2 years of related experience is an asset;
- Experience in transportation planning and specifically in travel demand forecasting is an asset;
- Experience in project coordination is an asset
- Experience and skills in microsimulation would be an asset;
- Knowledge of other traffic engineering or GIS software;
- Good communication, analytical and writing skills are essential;
- Excellent report writing, presentation and research skills as well as an ability to working in a team environment are important;
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply please submit your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.