Located in the beautiful Niagara Peninsula and widely regarded as one of Canada’s most innovative and enterprising post-secondary institutions, Niagara College’s brand and reputation is built on a foundation of unparalleled student experiences, leading innovation and applied research, and operational excellence. Our vision of “Enriching lives and fulfilling dreams” embodies our passion and dedication to student success. Our mission, “Providing outstanding applied education and training for a changing world,” clearly links the top quality experiential education our students receive with the skills demanded in today’s (and tomorrow’s) rapidly changing economy. Our tagline, “Applied Dreams”, brings the vision and mission to life. Serving over 10,000 students, Niagara College has ranked #1 in student satisfaction among Ontario colleges for seven of the past eight years.
Registration and Records
Student and External Relations Division
Applications are invited for the position of Associate Registrar - Registration and Records in the Student and External Relations Division at Niagara College, primarily located at our Welland Campus but supporting services at Niagara-on-the-Lake and other campus operations.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar is an integral part of the Enrolment and Registration Services management team and is responsible for the planning and leadership activities that support registration, records management and graduate functions for post-secondary, continuing education and apprenticeship programs and students. The incumbent ensures that the annual Audited Enrolment Report is accurately prepared for review by the College Auditors and submitted to the Ministry in a timely manner, and provides guidance and direction to Academic and Administrative departments on matters related to business processes and policy issues.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately interpreting and fairly applying College policies and procedures as well as recommending updates.
- Advisor for improvements to current processes and implementation of new technologies and systems in response to student needs.
- Accurately interpreting and complying with Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) operating procedures and reporting requirements including the annual enrolment audit and KPI reports
- Supports enrolment management initiatives in progression, retention, and communication strategies for new and returning students.
- Designs and maintains systems related to the student record including privacy and confidentiality of data, transcript production, grade reporting, academic standing, and registration information
- Plans, co-ordinates, executes and participates in convocation ceremonies for Niagara College
- Support staff in day-to-day operations when required, such as handling escalated situations or addressing exceptions to deadlines and practices.
- With the Registrar, establishes and maintains budgetary control for registration and records
- Represents the college on a variety of committees, both internally and externally
- Responsible for staff recruitment, performance management, and department oversight
- Successful completion a four year degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business administration, public administration, computer sciences, or related fields
- Seven years' experience in a similar role with similar complexity
- Strong understanding of information technology, business information intelligence systems /tools and web-based services
- Strong knowledge of academic policies and procedures and MTCU guidelines / requirements
- Demonstrated project, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and decision-making abilities
- Experience in change management and continuous improvement of business processes
- Strong leadership, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to function in a high volume, stressful environment
- Commitment to customer service excellence
While transcripts/credentials are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
A copy of the Job Fact Sheet is available from Human Resources during the posting period.
Closing Date: Open until Filled
(Initial review of applications will begin mid-March 2014).
Resumes must quote 3N-14-305 and should be addressed to the Recruitment- Coordinator.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Recruitment Coordinator.