Investigations Unit, Investigations and Hearings Department
Regular Full-time Positions Category 6 - Salary Range $66,970 - $92,322
A proven investigator with experience in sensitive and sometimes complex cases, you will investigate complaints of alleged teacher professional misconduct, incompetence and incapacity.
Excellent English-language writing and oral language proficiency required with French language proficiency at the following Canadian Language Benchmark levels: oral expression (10), oral comprehension (11), written comprehension (11), and written expression (11). Professional regulatory organization experience is an asset in consideration for this role.
- Conduct investigations of complaints with manager direction on the nature and the extent of an investigation, including persons to be interviewed, visits to be made, others to be contacted for information, the process for substantiating documentation, legal advice, time frames and investigation sequencing.
- Prepare correspondence re investigation process for parties, counsel and witnesses.
- Interview complainants, witnesses, and/or other individuals.
- Prepare interview summaries for inclusion in investigation reports.
- Request certificates of convictions and other documentation relating to criminal trials and charges.
- Review the results of investigations with the Manager of Investigations prior to presentation to the Investigation Committee.
- Prepare case reports for review by the Investigation Committee in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Attend Investigation Committee Panel meetings to provide background information on assigned cases.
- Attend Investigation Committee meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Investigations.
To apply, please fax or mail your resume no later than March 7, 2014. E-mail applications to email@example.com. Indicate Posting Number 14-10 in the subject heading.