Novanet is a 25 year young company with its head office located just East of Toronto and also has sales offices in Vancouver Calgary, Ottawa and Montreal. We are seeking a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, priority management abilities and a positive attitude. We are a well established company with continued growth expected well into the future. Your passion and desire to succeed with us will be paramount to driving this growth. Compensation packages include competitive base salary, vehicle allowance, bonus plan and a group benefits plan.
Applicants must possess either a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with a telecommunications option and at least 5 years of experience in wireless telecommunications, as a “hands-on” RF Engineer (while full Professional Engineer status is desirable, we will consider applicants with EIT status) or if applying as a technician, applicants must possess a College Diploma in Radio Communications or Wireless Electronics or similar field also with at least 5 years of experience in wireless telecommunications, as a “hands-on” RF technician.
A good knowledge of the Safety Code 6 analysis; experience with path profile/analysis tools; and a valid driver’s license and passport are also required.
• Bachelors degree, or higher, in Electrical Engineering or a related field OR College diploma, or higher (C.E.T.), in Radio Communications, Wireless Electronics or a related field.• 5 years RF, microwave, or applicable communications electronics experience.
• Candidate must be able to leverage emerging technology and apply it in innovative ways to quickly solve unique, complex design problems.
• Must be organized, self-starter and a team player and possess good written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing ability.
• Able to effectively deal with a high level of responsibility and demanding work schedule.
• This position will include travel for fieldwork and installation services primarily within Canada, but may be required to travel within the United States also.
• Must have experience in all aspects of the RF development process, including requirements specification, schematic design, device characterization, simulation, layout, testing, vendor interfacing, as well as hands-on integration.
• Experience in the design and integration of RF communications/antenna systems (400MHz to 23GHz), including a full spectrum of RF functionality (amplifiers, switches, mixers, couplers, filters, etc).
• Working knowledge of RF/IF transmitter and receiver designs. Experience with Phase Locked Loops (PLL), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA), Power Amplifiers (PA), demodulators and other communication circuitry is essential.
• Good understanding of Analog and DSP-based designs.
• Familiar with RF measurement equipment and techniques.
• Experience with Satellite communications would be a plus.
• Working knowledge of asynchronous/synchronous data, Ethernet and Internet Protocol (IP) packet data is required.
• Working knowledge of video encoding/decoding technologies would be an asset.
• Understanding of SCADA environment's is desired.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, sub netting and some routing experience.
• Advanced wireless networking design, including WiFi.
• Regulatory compliance testing for safety/EMI/EMC and Radar are a plus.
• Strong computer skills including complete familiarity with MS Office suite.