MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Planner to join our Planning & Environmental Design Group, located at our Thornhill, Ontario office. Reporting to the Design Team Leader within the Planning and Environmental Design Department, this person is expected to leverage web development / computer programming, along with relational and statistical database and land use planning knowledge to support a wide variety of planning-related analysis.
This position will provide the successful incumbent with the opportunity to work on a wide array of projects with colleagues from across the Planning and Environmental Design department, developing both back-end and front-end web applications in order to provide rich user experiences for internal and external clients. This position will allow the successful applicant to hone their skills by drawing on the many experienced planners, designers, web developers, and GIS/CAD technicians to help guide and refine the process, as well as to further your knowledge by staying on top of the latest advancements in web and data management technologies.
This position will require you to think critically and creatively to find innovative applications for these technologies in the development of new planning tools.
Example projects would include:
- Data visualization dashboards or web applications for demonstrating the results of a study and/or community engagement exercise.
- Development of Content Management Systems for a variety of project websites
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop geospatial web applications to support all aspects of municipal, land use and environmental planning, principally for public and private sector clients in Southern Ontario.
- Collecting, compiling, analyzing and presenting statistical data for use in planning studies.
- The preparation of municipal planning documents, special planning studies and socio-economic studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a Planning Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience as a Planner with specific experience in developing geospatial web applications for environmental and land use planning.
- Expertise in enterprise relational database management systems (including SQL/TSQL and STGeometry and STGeography methods), and Mircosoft Office Software (particularly with Microsoft Excel - VBA, Pivot charts and tables and formulas and Microsoft Access), and familiarity with GIS, ARC/INFO, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, Microstation.
- Experience in working with statistical data, including Statistics Canada, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Transportation Tomorrow Survey and other socio-economic data is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and time management skills.
- Highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, team player committed to providing high quality service.
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our websites: www.mmmgrouplimited.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted via our online application only. This helps reduce the amount of paper and plastic waste produced, and simplifies the search process for suitable candidates on file when a position opens up. Thank you in advance for your co-operation
CLICK HERE TO APPLY