At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Transportation Planning Department located at our Ottawa Office. Reporting to the Departmental Manager this position will be responsible for undertaking a broad range of transportation planning projects including transportation impact assessments, feasibility studies, master plan and area studies, environmental assessments studies, active transportation planning and infrastructure studies, transportation policy studies, supporting municipal and provincial highways preliminary and final design, and long range demand forecasting for all modes of transportation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Transportation planning studies and master plans including, planning, executing, and controlling the project from initial feasibility through preliminary design/definition, detailed design and construction;
- Develop elements of highway, roadway and transit preliminary designs;
- Undertake transportation analysis and operational reviews including impact assessment and analyzing transportation demand patterns, etc.;
- Develop, prepare and deliver progress reports, proposals, level of effort requirements, study recommendations and documentation, and presentations;
- Transportation analysis of all modes including supply and demand sides, assessment of regional patterns and system operations and performance;
- Coordinate the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve objectives;
- Liaison with team members and the public;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or a related field from an accredited university;
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience;
- Experience in transportation impact assessment studies and operational reviews;
- Experience in project coordination;
- Experience with Synchro capacity analysis software, or other traffic simulation software;
- Experience in understanding and using microsimulation software tools would be an asset;
- Experience using GIS software would be an asset;
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and research skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY