Pharmacy Assistant, Patient Contact Centre - Full TimeJob Type:
Mississauga, Ontario, CanadaSalary:
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network Inc. ("SDM Specialty Health") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. SDM Specialty Health is Canada's unique provider of client-focused healthcare products, services, and patient support programs. Being successful at SDM Specialty Health means driving positive health outcomes, and we do that every day. All across Canada, our team provides a number of services directly to patients; these healthcare-focused programs, help patients manage and optimize their drug and medical therapies in the community.
We are hiring Pharmacy Assistants to join our Patient Contact Centre:
As part of our commitment to improving health outcomes and enhancing patient care, we have launched an exciting new program that will allow you to play a vital role in improving patients' attitudes, beliefs, and quality of care regarding their therapeutic treatment. You will also increase patient engagement at the time of a refill as part of a specialized team made up of other Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants.
Do you have what it takes to be successful at SDM Specialty Health Network? Come join our Team!
As Pharmacy Assistant, Patient Contact Centre, you will utilize your pharmacy experience and communication abilities in support of one or more contact centre based pharmacy programs.
You will serve as first line contact with patients, prescribers, and retail pharmacies via outbound phone calls. As the position deals with highly sensitive information, you are expected to act in a diplomatic & professional manner, and maintain patient confidentiality, as per SDM Specialty Health Network policies and legal requirements.
* Support outbound calls to patients, pharmacies and physician offices, provide program related information, and document relevant information
* Successfully complete all required program training and testing
* Convey a positive company image on the telephone and within the workplace at all times
* Data entry of information into application databases
* Achievement of specific quality goals related to adherence to standard operating procedures and scripting
* Meet or exceed established performance metrics
* Provide ongoing feedback to management personnel regarding program operations and potential improvements to quality, efficiency, and overall program performance
* Maintain patient confidentiality in all interactions
* Work within legal requirements and ethical principles, and demonstrate professional integrity and acting to uphold professional standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience as a pharmacy assistant or pharmacy technician
* Shoppers Drug Mart store experience and HWNG experience an asset
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong quality orientation, attention to detail, and the ability to learn and adhere to compliance/audit requirements
* Proficient in data entry, and the use of Windows-based programs
* Maintain high ethical standards
* Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
* Extremely high degree of patient confidentiality and adherence to SDM Specialty Health Network policy and legal requirements
* Strong ability to prioritize work and deadlines
* Flexibility to work rotating shifts, 9am-11pm Mon-Sat
Please note that only those being considered will be contacted.
*Full Time and Part Time positions available