Pharmacy Assistant- Specialty Health Network (Burnaby, BC)Post Date:
03 / 14 / 2014Location:Regular / Temporary:
: BurnabyPosition Type:Province:
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network Inc. ("SDM Specialty Health") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. ("SDM"). SDM Specialty Health is Canada's unique provider of client-focused healthcare products, services, and patient support programs. Being successful at SDM Specialty Health means you've enhanced a patient's life, and we do that every day! All across Canada, our team provides a number of services directly to patients; these brand-focused programs, sponsored by pharmaceutical companies, help patients manage and optimize their drug and medical therapies in the community.
We employ various healthcare professionals, and dedicated support staff to ensure the success of the team. With hundreds of employees across Canada, were proud to be able to offer a family-oriented environment that gives staff greater control over their own life choices.
Do you have what it takes to be successful at SDM Specialty Health Network? Come join our Team!
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy Assistant plays a pivotal role in the coordination of internal and external communications to ensure medications are provided on a timely basis to clients. This includes continued monitoring of medication use, patient eligibility and billing accuracy. This position is also responsible for all administrative duties related to the scheduling and dispensing of medications. The Pharmacy Assistant will communicate with doctors, nurses, other SDM Specialty Health Services team members and clients to ensure adequate quantities of medication are dispensed at all times for continued patient care.
* Coordinate relevant information with the customer service, reimbursement services, call center, operations and finance departments regarding medication dispensing and appropriate billing.
* Therapy Management - Review client documentation, triaging, entry of information into computer systems, generation of medication labels, collation of dispensing documents according to Pharmacy regulations and set procedures, follow-up on any unsuccessful deliveries, generation of delivery schedule and acurate labeling of medications for review by the pharmacist
* Entering client prescriptions into the computer systems
* Scheduling and manage drug delivery to patients, and track inventory ordering of pharmacy products.
* Allocate equipment rentals and arrange for pick-up of equipment.
* Process credit card billings for and ensure timely filing of documents, prescription hard copies, etc.
* Fax/make calls to physicians to acquire reorders on medications in a timely fashion to maintain the client on therapy.
* Answer all SDM Specialty Health Services Pharmacy telephone calls and handle inquiries within the scope of their knowledge and within SOP and Provincial parameters; transfer calls to the pharmacist or other team members as appropriate
* Clean room Activities
-Conduct quality control and sterility testing
-Performs IV admixtures using principles of USP797 following appropriate aseptic technique utilizing required Pharmacist/Pharmacy Technician checks.
-Checks final product for absence of particles floating in final compoundQUALIFICATIONS:QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications and Skills
* Pharmacy Assistant Certificate and five (5) years of relevant pharmacy experience with a minimum of one (1) year of IV experience and/or training or equivalent combination of both
* Registration from College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, an asset
* Previous IV and Cytotoxic compounding experience an asset
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to handle multiple demands made simultaneously under short time constraints.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of Pharmacy software systems and MS Office Applications
* Flexible and adaptable to changes of responsibility reflective of the business needs including rotational shifts.
* Overtime may be required occasionally. The incumbent must be flexible and adaptable to changes of responsibility reflective of the business needs and work well in a team environment.WORK HOURS:
37.5 hours per weekADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
There are two positions available (1 full-time, 1 part-time). This is not a retail pharmacy. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. The position is located in Burnaby, BC