A national leading brand, Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is a licensor of full-service retail drug stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart® (Pharmaprix® in Québec). Working Shoppers Drug Mart Network, you will take ownership and find more ways to care about our work, our customers, our co-workers, and our community every day. Whether you are creating new services and delivering results at central office, managing multiple categories and products in an independently owned and operated store, or providing patient care at a pharmacy, The Shoppers Drug Mart Network helps Canadians with their health needs and makes things better.
Job Title: Pharmacist, Patient Contact Centre - Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Salary: Not disclosed
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network Inc. ("SDM Specialty Health") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. SDM Specialty Health is Canada's unique provider of client-focused healthcare products, services, and patient support programs. Being successful at SDM Specialty Health means driving positive health outcomes, and we do that every day. All across Canada, our team provides a number of services directly to patients; these healthcare-focused programs, help patients manage and optimize their drug and medical therapies in the community.
We are hiring Pharmacists to join our Patient Contact Centre:
As part of our commitment to improving health outcomes and enhancing patient care, we have launched an exciting new program that will allow you to play a vital role in improving patients' attitudes towards chronic conditions, increase health literacy and help improve long-term health outcomes . You will also increase patient engagement at the time of a newly diagnosed condition and/or newly prescribed medication. This is your opportunity to engage patients in a clinical discussion and help patients implement sustainable medication interventions!
Do you have what it takes to be successful at SDM Specialty Health Network? Come join our Team!
As Pharmacist, Patient Contact Centre, you will utilize your clinical skill and communication abilities in support of one or more contact centre based clinical programs.
In support of program operations, you will be required to work individually or in a team environment. Most programs will require telephonic outreach to patients, prescribers or retail pharmacies.
* Consult with patients regarding active drug therapy and drug utilization as prescribed by their health care professional.
* Successfully complete all required program training and testing.
* Convey a positive company image on the telephone and within the workplace at all times.
* Data entry of clinical and non-clinical information into application databases.
* Achievement of specific quality goals related to adherence to standard operating procedures and scripting.
* Provide leadership and support to team members and ensure adherence to program procedures and compliance with all legal requirements and standards of pharmacy practice.
* Provide ongoing feedback to management regarding program operations and potential improvements to quality, efficiency, and overall program performance.
* Maintain patient privacy in all interactions.
* Practice within legal requirements and ethical principles, and demonstrate professional integrity and acting to uphold professional standard of practice.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Insured and currently licensed with the Ontario College of Pharmacist (Part A) in good standing, is preferred, however, candidates licensed in other Canadian provinces will be considered
* Minimum of 2 years of experience as licensed, practicing pharmacist, preferred
* Qualified to counsel patients in English (bilingualism is an asset)
* Exceptional verbal skills and written communication skills
* Strong quality orientation, attention to detail, and the ability to learn and adhere to compliance/audit requirements
* Identifies and proposes solutions that benefit all parties involved in a situation
* Proficient in data entry, and the use of Windows-based programs
* Maintain high ethical standards
* Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
* Flexibility to work rotating shifts, 9am-11pm Mon-Sat
* Shoppers Drug Mart store experience and HWNG experience an asset
Please note that only those being considered will be contacted.
*Full Time and Part Time positions available