Specialty Pharmacy Manager - Specialty Health Network (Burnaby, BC)Post Date:
03 / 14 / 2014Location:Regular / Temporary:
: BurnabyPosition Type:Province:
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network Inc. ("SDM Specialty Health") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. SDM Specialty Health is Canada's unique provider of client-focused healthcare products, services, and patient support programs. Being successful at SDM Specialty Health means you've enhanced a patient's life, and we do that everyday! All across Canada, our team provides a number of services directly to patients; these brand-focused programs, sponsored by pharmaceutical companies, help patients manage and optimize their drug and medical therapies in the community.
We employ various healthcare professionals, and dedicated support staff to ensure the success of the team. With hundreds of employees across Canada, were proud to be able to offer a family-oriented environment that gives staff greater control over their own life choices.
Do you have what it takes to be successful at SDM Specialty Health Network? Come join our Team!
Career Opportunity: Specialty Pharmacy Manager - Specialty Health Network (Burnaby, BC)
Reporting to the Director of Specialty Pharmacy, the Specialty Pharmacy Manager holds primary responsibility for the management of all activities involved in providing Specialty Health pharmacy services to patients in accordance with established corporate procedures and provincial pharmacy laws. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for controlling the processes to ensure that all products and services meet professional, corporate, and contractual performance and quality standards. In addition to planning workload and personnel issues, this position involves professional decision making as a pharmacist, as well as managing professional relations with customers.
· Manage pharmacy staff and personnel activities in the department.
· Manage all activities related to prescription dispensing including:
Ø prescription review
Ø entering prescriptions into computer system
Ø release, (dispensing)
Ø patient counseling
Ø ensure the correct billing by cash payment or online to provincial or private insurance plans
Ø scheduling drug delivery to clients
Ø completing the final check on the medication compounded or dispensed
Ø professional interaction with other health disciplines
· Prepare sterile products using strict aseptic technique and available equipment and supplies
· Perform environmental monitoring in the clean room
· Ensure clean room remains in state of constant cleanliness and order and stocked appropriately
· Ensure that the pharmacy complies with provincial and federal regulations governing the practice of pharmacy
· Ensure required operating procedure requirements are incorporated into daily procedures and are correctly followed by staff in the execution of all duties.
· Ensure accurate and timely order processing and maintenance of accurate pharmacy inventory records within the department.
· Design, implement and control policies and procedures for new products and services.
· Implement new programs relating to pharmacy services.
· Develop and maintain proficiency in the relevant pharmacy and operational computer systems to optimize productivity and efficiency.
· Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of drug therapy and medication compatibility, stability and interactions as they pertain to Specialty Health Network Programs
· Update the Pharmacy Resource Guide and participate in the training of new employees
· Coordinate training, security clearance, office space and working tools for new employees.
· Assist in the pharmacy and related service activities when the workload requires.
· Work closely with Program Managers and other SDM Specialty Health Network staff to ensure that customer expectations are met.
· Responsible for monitoring and coaching quality assurance relating to pharmacy services.
· Participate in business development activitiesQUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications and Skills
· A minimum university undergraduate degree in pharmacy;
· Licensed in the province of practice;
· Minimum 5 years combined retail and hospital pharmacy experience or equivalent;
· Pharmacy management experience an asset;
· IV Certification preferred and/or experience with cytotoxic preparation and handling
· Experience using aseptic technique and preparing sterile products
· Experience and/or knowledge of specialty pharmaceuticals & biologics an asset
· Exposure to key principles in evidence based medicine
· Knowledge of USP 797 Application
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
· Overtime may be required occasionally. The incumbent must be flexible and adaptable to changes of responsibility reflective of the business needs and work well in a team environment
· 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.WORK HOURS:
37.5 hours per weekADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS: