At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Geomatics Drafting Technologist to join our Geomatics department, located at our Calgary office.
- Developing and preparing survey designs and drawings, including well sites, right-of-way, subdivision, individual ownership plans, registered survey and typical crossing plans;
- Survey computations including GPS and Conventional data processing, and calculations as necessary for legal boundary retracement, construction layout, etc.;
- Developing and preparing surfaces, cross-sections, volume reports, and layout files;
- Preparation and submission of plans to LTO and ASRD standards;
- Working with complex data sets in conjunction with other CAD and GIS technical staff;
- Interpreting/reducing surveyors' notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos, and digital data;
- Ordering legal plans, public land standings, and land titles;
- Ensuring overall data quality and integrity.
- The ideal candidate will have post-secondary education in Geomatics with five or more years of experience;
- Candidates with a combination of formal education and hands-on experience will also be considered;
- Candidates with varied experience in Freehold and Surveyed/Unsurveyed Crown are preferred.
- Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.