At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking an Intermediate Landscape Architect Technologist to join our Infrastructure department, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the Manager of Landscape & Architecture, this position will be responsible for the design development of various landscape architecture initiatives including downtown redevelopment, active transportation, parks and open space recreation facilities, urban and commercial development, new community land development, and resort and tourism development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting project managers and clients with deliverables
- Design assistance with our Civil, Transportation and Planning departments
- Detail design and project coordination between internal and external teams
- Preparation of design reports and project related cost estimates, tender documents, specifications
- Management and coordination among junior team members of CAD drawings and office drawing standards
- Field work, including reviewing of construction, preparing field reports and providing support to contract administration
- Collaborating with other MMM Group’s offices including; Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited University or College.
- 3-8 years of work experience in a landscape architecture office.
- Experience with and demonstrate a strong understanding of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that will allow professional interactions with clients, approval authorities and the public.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines with on multiple projects deliverables.
- Understanding of local codes and municipal requirements for permit applications and approvals.
- Understanding of local landscape conditions, plant communities and regional design influences.
- Knowledge of Sketch-up, Civil 3D, GIS will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ecology, plant and soil science will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of irrigation design will be considered as an asset.
- A portfolio of project work will need to be provided for review. The preferred method is in a pdf format.
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.