Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit:
World Education Services
The department of Material Art & Design in the Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design requires part-time Professors who are qualified to teach studio courses in one of several disciplines and in one of several programs. Specifically, we are looking for faculty to teach Painting, Colour Theory, 2D Design, 3D Design, Digital Media (Adobe Suite, After Effects) and Digital Photography. Courses may be taught at the introductory level through to more advanced levels in certificate, diploma or degree programs.
A professor is responsible for providing academic leadership to the program and for the courses within their areas of expertise. The professor is also responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students by designing, revising, and updating courses, and working with the Program while respecting student’s diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experience, and individual learning styles.
- The design/revision/updating of courses, including consulting with program and course leaders, other faculty members, potential employers, guest lecturers and students;
- Defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning;
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable;
- Attending periodic faculty meetings.
Teaching of assigned courses, including:
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques;
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction;
- Tutoring and academic counselling of students;
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferred;
- Minimum of three years related professional experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post secondary level preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning and working within a team environment.
Employee Group: Part-time
School: Animation Arts & Design
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference #: 14/PT/04
Salary: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled