About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Lead Mechanical Design Coordinator located in Scarborough, Ontario to develop lay-out drawings for field installation. Provide value engineering and cost effective field layouts for installation and mark-up drawings to Modeling Detailers. Review engineered drawings for errors and omissions.
- Work with engineers and designers to prepare CAD / REVIT drawings for buildings and industrial projects.
- Collaboratively work with mechanical project managers, supervisors, to prepare the most cost effective layout of value engineered solutions.
- Drafting includes but is not limited to piping and HVAC drawings
- Coordinate with project managers and field personnel to understand how the work is intended to be built
- Review engineering drawings and specifications to ensure that the drafting is compliant with job requirements
- Ensure project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met.
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Requires appropriate post secondary Diploma or Degree, and/or equivalent trade experience and knowldedge
- 10+ years’ experience in the mechanical ICI construction industry
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with clients and engineering staff
- Experience in 3D and piping and sheet metal software considered an asset
- Experience with CAD software systems, Microsoft Office
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Absolute and unquestionable integrity
- Passionate team player
- Excellence in quality of work and professionalism
- Exercises patience in working with others
- Commitment to operate within a quality environment
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. No phone calls or agencies, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
Internal candidates, please contact your supervisor prior to applying.