Rediscover the Excitement of Retail
Are you looking for professional growth in a career that puts your skills and talents to work? Giant Tiger is recruiting passionate customer service-driven individuals who want to make a difference in their career and community.
Giant Tiger has over 50 years of proven success in the Canadian retail market. Our innovative approach to retail provides Store Managers with the opportunity to use their skills and experience to make the best buying and merchandising decisions for their store and to lead their team to exceptional results.
A career with Giant Tiger provides you with:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional and financial benefit programs
- Career advancement
- Comprehensive training from your first day of employment
If you want to drive the buying decisions for your store and community in a fun and friendly work environment, join the Giant Tiger team and watch your career roar into success.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER?
Giant Tiger junior discount stores specialize in offering family fashion, household products and food to rural and urban centres in Western Canada. As a Master Franchisor, the North West Company owns and operates 31 Giant Tiger stores throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
Are you looking for professional growth in a career that puts your skills and talents to work? If you answered yes, then you've come to the right place. Giant Tiger is recruiting passionate individuals who want to make a difference in their career and community.
Position: Department Manager, Fashion
Location: La Ronge, SK
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Fashion Department Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Fashion department.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits
- Ensure merchandise is priced correctly and competitively
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with sales representatives
- Lead the early morning crew in processing freight
- Control labour and overhead costs, specifically with regards to inventory management and staff scheduling
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
- Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings and other marketing efforts
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the department and take action as required to address issues
- Supervise, train, coach and motivate associates within the department
- Accountable for opening and closing the store on a rotating basis
- Key member of management team supporting the rest of the store management group
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience, ideally in a fashion environment
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining customer relationships
- Strong merchandising abilities
- Proven motivator
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of Giant Tiger's customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and Giant Tiger's vision, mission, values and strategies
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.