| || Sr. Policy Advisor |
Greater Toronto Area
Two weeks +
|altis Professional is looking for an experienced policy professional for our public sector client on a 2-3 month contract basis. The main deliverable of this role is provide leadership, strategic advice, policy expertise and program support to ministry executives. Strong knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act is a must. If you feel you are the ideal candidate please apply within. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Leads/undertakes research, analysis, and development of legislative and regulatory amendments, cabinet submissions, corporate policies, guidelines and tools to support compliance with FIPPA and MFIPPA, and other relevant statutes.
- Reviews, researches, evaluates and develops recommendations and resolution of issues on enterprise and ministry projects
- Identifies, researches and analyses contentious and emerging policy issues and best practices in Ontario and other jurisdictions to evaluate applicability
- Provides strategic advice and policy expertise to support decision-making
- Provides expert advice to stakeholder groups, including provincial and municipal institutions
- Participates at regular stakeholder meetings to advise access and privacy related issues. Provides point of contact to public on access and privacy issues related to the provincial government and other bodies
- Leads research, development, and presentation of access/privacy training materials
- Policy development and government decision-making processes to lead and/or participate in the development of options and strategies
- Conceptualize legislative/policy development projects, and plan jurisdictional research studies to develop strategies, policies, and programs
- Plan and undertake research and analysis assigned that integrates qualitative and quantitative data/information, and considers a range of political governance, fiscal, and socio- economic factors
- Interpret legislation/policies to provide expert advice and guidance to stakeholders and the public on access and privacy issues.
- Reviewing and assessing policy proposals, initiatives, and Cabinet submissions from other ministries, with access and privacy implications, to identify and comment on impacts on policies/programs, and the stakeholder community
- Minimum University degree required
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience required
- Proven experience in public sector or broader public sector required
- Strong understanding of Freedom of information act (FIPPA/MFIPPA)
- Legal back ground is considered and asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
| || Apply Online 20140404.13 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.