About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer / Business Development Support with relevant corporate experience to support all aspects relating to proposal and presentation development. This can include responses to RFPs, RFQs, RFEOIs, other pre-qualifications, major reports, white papers, CVs, project profile experience documents, and other business development documents. An important aspect of this role is the organization, management and updating of a database library of information and precedents used in the development of the work.
- Supports all aspects relating to proposal and presentation development and special client deliverables as they relate to all client stages from prospecting, implementation to account management. As assigned, handles proposal, presentation, and client deliverable development from end-to-end.
- Works closely with Business Development Leaders to compile, develop, assess and maintain appropriate proposal exhibits, appendices, project profiles and illustrative documents, keeping them current and ensuring materials are well organized and easily accessible.
- Works with Business Deveopment and other business leaders as assigned, to develop content, writing, researching, designing, packaging and conducting quality assurance before delivering world class proposals - Always ensuring accuracy and conformance with Black & McDonald’s approach to business and brand guidelines.
- Provides proofreading and editing on assigned communications relating to Black & McDonald documents or other.
- As needed, handles formatting and electronic and print production for client deliverables related to business development pursuits.
- Works closely with business subject matter experts to collect and/or develop appropriate proposal intelligence on our business strategy aligned with customer benefits.
- Works with senior staff members to manage feedback that goes beyond the standard boilerplate response to achieve specific, relevant responses that showcase our understanding of the industry, business, our strategy and why this matters to them.
- Works with business leaders on special communications projects as assigned (i.e. Client Implementation Materials, Policies, Scopes of Work, Procedures, other materials, etc).
- Assists with other communications projects and objectives as required and as time permits, acting as a support to the communications efforts.
- Degree in Business, English, or Marketing/Communications or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in writing, proposal development/coordination – ideally for RFP-type response, technical, corporate communications, public relations writing experience. Background in Facilities Management, Property Management, or Engineering fields helpful.
- Written Communication, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Presentation Skills, Graphic Design Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented Process Improvement, Coordination, with relevant market knowledge being beneficial but not required
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of winning proposal writing methodologies.
- Advanced in Microsoft Word (e.g., styles, headings, tables, figures, bullet lists, sectional page numbers, cross-references, document comparison)
- Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, and other graphics applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, etc).
- Fully versed in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, linked worksheets, etc).
- Basic in Microsoft Project is helpful(e.g. Able to build simple work breakdown structures)
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Customer focused
- Is a Team Player
- Ability to work on multiple projects
How to Apply:
Please click on the link below to apply. No phone calls or agencies, please.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
If this is an internal candidate, please advise your supervisor prior to applying