| || NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Logistics/Distribution/Operations) |
From: $65000 To: $70000
|Our Trenton-based global pharmaceutical and health care client is currently looking to hire a NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (LOGISTICS/DISTRIBUTION/OPERATIONS) -- for their distribution centre. |
SCOPE: This is a full time role on night shifts. The Night Shift Supervisor will supervise the night shift operations as per established policies and practices. Planning for continuous improvement in areas of operational performance, safety, quality, customer satisfaction and employee morale.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure work practices occur in each specific workstation within the distribution environment in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responsible for effective and efficient execution of order fulfillment and shipment.
- Development and implement process improvements in tandem with Shift Manager and other supervisor.
- Plan and implement continuous improvement programs within the distribution centre, working with other supervisors on all shifts to help create a productive and cohesive operation.
- Establish and maintain/improve daily operational standards and efficiencies.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the health and safety issues by offering training, verbal and written procedures and enforcement of safe operating procedures.
- Actively participate and promote a safe positive work environment for employees.
- Administrative Support and Metric Tracking.
- Being the ambassador for the Companyâ?Ts shared values and the champion for Employee Advocacy.
- Being able to tactically supervisor a group of highly engage employees while being able to delegate and assert authority when necessary.
- Ensuring a safe and secure work environment for all staff members
Qualifications and Experience
IMPORTANT NOTE: The successful candidate will possess demonstrated experience as an operations supervisor who has managed a staff of around 30 distribution staff (e.g. pickers, packers etc.) They will have experience in managing general work flow and knowing when, where and how to place staff to ensure a smooth work shift.
- Minimum 5 years experience in warehouse/distribution operations.
- Community College or University degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a supervisory role within the distribution industry.
- Proven ability to lead a group of highly engages employees while ensuring productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Experience managing direct reports and providing coaching skills.
- Excellent problem solving/resolution skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and Access is preferred.
- A graduate with a recognized university degree for which the major requirements of study with were Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Pharmacology and/or Pharmacy would be an asset.
SHIFT DAY: Monday to Thursday night; CORE HOURS: 9:30PM TO 5:30AM (Overtime required)
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates, please submit resume(s) to "Apply Now" link below:
| || Apply Online 20140326.11 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.