At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Construction Site Manager to join our Rail Group. The Resident Superintendent will be based at a dedicated project site within the Greater Toronto Area. Acting as the authorized representative for the client, the incumbent is responsible for the functioning of the field operation by directing, negotiating and controlling all phases of construction. The Construction Site Manager is the client’s prime representative with operations, contractors, utility companies, external; public agencies and municipalities, as it relates to the project.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides for the administration of Construction contracts including chairing regular progress meetings, maintaining all contract records, assist in the evaluation of claims and resolution;
- Evaluate, negotiates and approves contract changes;
- Reviews and approves construction schedule updates, contractor requests for payment prior to submittal for approval;
- Prepare Certificate of Substantial Performance and Certificate of Completion;
- Ensures that the project is safe, and exercise due diligence with respect to conditions on site;
- Provides for quality control of the constructed product by managing construction field staff and reporting all construction activity and progress reports;
- Monitor performance of the site construction management team and compliance with policies and procedures by undertaking regular “audit” visits to each construction site;
- Provides for all communications and acts as the liaison between construction site and Contractor, operations, staff, engineering/design consultant staff, municipalities, utility companies and other public agencies/regulatory bodies;
- Post-secondary degree from a recognized University in a relevant discipline combined with progressively senior experience in the management of medium to heavy construction projects in an urban environment
- Knowledge of construction management practices and principles, including familiarity with construction laws, contract administration and claims management
- Working knowledge of Construction Lien Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations for Construction Projects, Local Trade and union contracts
- Demonstrated background in supervising up to 10 professional and/or construction staff
- Demonstrated experience in construction inspection, administration and documentation
- Must possess sound judgement, management and highly developed organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (report writing and presentation)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management
- Some weekend off-shift and night work may be required
- Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.