Vancouver Area, BC
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to help build their Procurement team in Subcontracts Management.
We are looking for 3 permanent and 2 temporary Contracts Managers for our client, a leader in heavy manufacturing. The temporary roles are for 3 months with strong possibility of going permanent. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with this well-known, growing company. The individuals are responsible for administration and contract management of all subcontracts including negotiation as well as maintaining excellent relationships with vendors.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in Contracts Administration and Contracts Management, with extensive experience working on complex projects and on complicated contracts in aerospace, construction, mining or oil and gas environments
- Proven success in closely managing vendor performance both strategically and tactically
- Experience influencing and motivating vendors to perform through difficult/complex situations
- Extensive knowledge of procurement procedures for complex and highly specialized equipment and services with multi-million dollar subcontracts
- Professional certification or training through an accredited SCM association such as: Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (PMAC) or APICS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
A detailed job description will be provided to those who qualify.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Melanie Wilk, Senior Consultant, Aplin Professional. Visit our website at www.aplin.com for all of our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Click Here to Apply