At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking an experienced Urban Planner to join our planning team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Environmental Design, this position will provide you with the opportunity to participate in a range of community planning and design projects, primarily related to land development. If you are a highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to providing high quality services, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate on a multi-disciplinary team of land use and environmental planners, engineers and landscape architects to prepare, review and submit a range of development plans and applications
- Help navigate complex planning approvals on land development projects.
- Act as a liaison between clients and approving authorities
- A degree in planning or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience
- Full member of the Canadian Institute of Planners – MCIP, RPP designations.
- Knowledge of the development industry, the land development process, and municipal planning policy in Ontario
- Strong physical planning and urban design skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to permanently work in Canada for any employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY