MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative and implementable solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Planning and Urban Design Technician to join our Planning and Environmental Design group, located in our Ottawa office. This position will provide you with the opportunity to participate in multi-disciplinary projects in urban and environmental design, urban and regional planning, and land development. Your role will provide essential support to the group by ensuring that concepts and demonstrations are creatively and aesthetically realized graphically.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicate planning and urban design concepts through AutoCAD, and 3-D visualizations;
- Assist in the preparation planning studies, and other documentation;
- Prepare technical drawings as part of planning submissions and applications;
- Prepare graphic representations, two and three dimensional plans and visualizations;
- Assist in the preparation of graphical illustrations for public consultation processes, including design charettes and workshops;
- Demonstrate critical design thinking and design skill; and,
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills.
- A College diploma or University degree in Urban Design, Urban Planning or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of urban design / planning experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Excellent design, presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Well-developed computer skills and sound proficiency in design software, including: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and 3-D modeling software;
- To succeed in this position you must be a highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, team player committed to providing high quality service to our clients.
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to permanently work in Canada for any employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY