MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Infrastructure and Environment group, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure and Environment for British Columbia, this position will be responsible for managing the pursuit and delivery of major municipal infrastructure projects (primarily treatment facilities, pumping systems, storage facilities and large diameter linear works).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as Owner’s Project Manager, Owner’s Engineer, Design Manager/Coordinating Professional Engineer, or Independent Certifier, as appropriate to the project delivery method (Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3, etc.).
- Assemble and manage multi-disciplined project teams, including a number of specialty sub-consultants.
- Prepare Project Management Plans including Work Plans, Risk Management Plans, Safety Plans, Quality Plans, and Communications Plans.
- Working with MMM’s Project Controls staff, monitor the progress of projects with respect to scope, schedule, budget, quality, etc. and implement Change Notices with clients and Change Orders with sub-consultants as appropriate.
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports for clients, project funding partners, and/or executive oversight committees, as appropriate to the project.
- To assist clients with obtaining funding for detailed design and construction of projects, prepare Project Definition Reports that outline the business case, scope, schedule, budget, risks, permit & approval process, and implementation plan for the project.
- Write proposals and statement of qualification documents that clearly communicate MMM’s leadership in the municipal infrastructure sector.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with clients and sub-consultants.
- Administer construction contracts on behalf of Owners and coordinate engineering field reviews for compliance with the design.
- Manage the permitting and approval process.
- Other duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in design and construction management of major projects, preferably in the municipal infrastructure sector.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in B.C.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage, direct, and motivate multi-disciplined teams to deliver fast paced complex assignments.
- Experience with alternative methods of project delivery such as Design-Build, Construction Management, and Private-Public-Partnerships.
- Familiarity with formalized schedule, cost, and document control processes.
- Understanding of business development and demonstrated proposal writing skills.
- A proven track record of completing projects on time and on budget with a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
- PMP certification will be an asset.
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.