About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a QA/QC-Commissioning Manager located in Scarborough, Ontario. The QA/QC-Commissioning Manager will develop QA/QC plans and commissioning plans in accordance with governmental requirements, contractual requirements and company policy for both fabrication shop and field activities.
- Plan and prepare for system completions and operational readiness verification
- Collaborate with Project Management Teams and Operations for start-up planning and documentation requirements
- Responsible for full process planning through to turnover
- Assist in preparing project proposals
- Develop standard procedures for commissioning. Plan and document all aspects of commissioning – including necessary materials, personal and vendor support – to fulfill a project’s scope of work
- Conduct (or supervise) contact-required performance tests or demonstrations
- Manage a group of dedicated QA/QC Staff
- Manage a group of dedicated Commissioning Staff
- Interact with Vice President, Department Mangers, Project Managers etc. and develop and deliver plans that will assist in project execution for field and fabrication shop
- Ensure compliance by execution teams on QA/QC and Commissioning plans
- Minimum of 10 years’ specific work experience in QA/QC and commissioning within the construction industry
- Requires applicable post-secondary education and/or equivalent trade certification or knowledge
- Solid computer skills including all MS Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain mutually respectful and productive relationships with project personnel and owner representatives
Competency Requirements (Advanced to Expert Level)
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Background Check in order to be considered for this posting. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect Black & McDonald Limited reserves the right to terminate your employment for cause.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!